08-23-2012 The Top 25 Summer Arrangements at Scott's Flowers NYC
Can you believe it? Another summer is practically over. With only two weeks until labor day weekend, we decided to put together our favorite arrangements of the past few months. Each one of these magnificent pieces is meant to replicate the feelings of summer: time off from work, relaxation from the complexities of life, long warm nights with friends, and sunny days spent at the beach. Let us know how we did!
1. Old New Yorker: Our summer favorite and our most popular arrangement!
2. Strawberry Fields: A bright red and pink assortment with lively cymbidiums, roses, and tulips!
3. Wooster Street: Mixed colored gerbera with salidago in a clear cylinder vase!
4. Tudor City: Weathered terra cotta pot topped with blue hydrangeas, orange gerbera, roses and tulips in a bed of frog eyes foliage.
5. Chelsea: This one looks like the sun itself! Orange gerbera mixed with red hypericum in a rectangular vase.
6. Hell's Kitchen: If you've been to restaurant row as of late, you'll know where the inspiration for this came from. A bright exciting mix of red, orange and gold flowers in a chic smoked glass half moon vase.
7. NoHo: A fun summer arrangement of cymbidiums, protea and celosia.
8. Bowery: A brand new Scott's Flower arrangement design of hydrangea, protea, celosia and dutch tulips with river rocks.
9. South Street Seaport: Anyone in New York City knows that the South Street Seaport is one of THE destinations for summer relaxation in Manhattan. A calm, soothing arrangement of blue hydrangea and green cymbidiums.
10. Bryant Park: Any fashion expert knows that summer is a time for bright colors. A mixed arrangement of hydrangea, yellow cymbidium, yellow and peach roses with hot pink gerbera in a frosted cylinder vase.
Read more for 15 additional arrangements!
11. Designers Choice: What is more summary than what is in season? Let our designers select from the days freshest choices at the market.
12. Guggenheim: As appropriate for an up-scale event as for your kitchen table.
13. Empire: Modern, sleek, and those river stones are about as calming as it gets. Calla lilies in an envelope vase with black river stones.
14. Green Street: The Big Apple can certainly be summary. A greenery styled arrangement filled with hydrangea, roses, echeveria and apples in silver vase.
15. Flatiron: Picture this in your NYC apartment and tell us it doesn't scream of the summer sun. Optic vase styled with calla lily blossoms.
16. Thomkins Square Park: A colorful arrangement that speaks for itself!
17. Battery Park: Mixed arrangement of sunflowers and green celosia coxcomb.
18. Upper East Side: A beautiful traditional style of white hydrangea, amaryllis, cymbidium orchids, mint green roses accented with hypericum in a cube vase.
19. Pink Diamond: Roses bloom all summer in Manhattan. Pink roses and cymbidium orchids accented with sparkling “diamonds”.
20. Union Square: Like fresh squeezed lemonade. Nuveau glass vase lined with orange wedges filled with clustered callalilies, roses, orchids and grapes.
21. Soho: Like a day at the lake. Stylish arrangement of mont blanc amaryllis, powder blue hydrangea and accented with green viburnum blossoms.
21. Sutton: Peach roses with green viburnum, cymbidium orchids and brunia.
22. MOMA: These vibrant colors look like a summer sunset. An elegant arrangement of mango callas and blue thistle in a tall cylinder vase.
23. Grace: Does it get more beautiful than this? Tall cylinder vase with pink cymbidiums and natural river rocks.
24. Whitehall Street: White Roses in a black ceramic container.
25. Pearl Street: A modern style of vanda orchids in a silver vase.